Friday, November 6, 2015

The Huntress - Brink 1314 aka Lindsey E. Lippincott on Wattpad

This was a good book. 

   The Huntress was written by Brink 1314 aka Lindsey E. Lippincott on Wattpad. The genres that this book qualifies for is supernatural, young adult, werewolf, and of course fiction. 
   I am going to post an interview with the author after I post this review. If you have any questions you want to ask, leave a comment please. 

  100 Word Pitch from the author, Lindsey E. Lippincott 
   {" 17 year-old Electra Jaeger has taken up the mantle on the family business--hunting supernatural. She never questions what she does, believing fully in what her father and superiors. They are saving unsuspecting humans from paranormal killers, just like the ones who murdered her mother. It all goes according to plan until the new guys shows up. 
   Jared Rolten has eyes only for Electra, but there's one problem: he's a werewolf. When the huntress realizes she's destined to be with a creature of the night, she's forced to reevaluate everything she knows and believes. But choosing to follow her heart could lead Jared and Electra to their deaths."}

   I loved the fact that her last name Jaeger means hunter in German. It was ingenious of the author. Books always require creativity to be one step ahead of the other books out there. I hope that Lindsey develops more creativity in her adventure as an author. I am super excited to read more stories from her. 
   This book was longer than most books in young adult. This book is over 130,000 words. That is about one and half times bigger than Divergent by Veronica Roth. Most people dread long book but I love them. I hate when a book is over before I really get to enjoy it. I really enjoyed this book and was pleased that it didn't end so quick. I am interested in reading the sequel as soon as it is finished and maybe even write a review when I finish. 
   I love that this book did Jared's point of view. It was revealing. I like knowing both sides of the story. I only wish we could see more of his thoughts about running away and leaving his sister behind. I was actually surprised when he decided that leaving his sister in the hands of another hunter was alright. I love that the book surprised me. I can usually predict what is going to happen and I liked that I couldn't. 
   {"However, how would I explain my situation? Oh I found my mate, she's human, a hunter actually, and I just have a hard time controlling myself around her. Anytime we get close and intimate in any way I just lose control and I'd rather she not kill me because my claws came out.
  That probably wouldn't go over well. Werewolves knew what mates were to each other, most had on themselves. Mates with humans even happened occasionally. Hell, mates between two humans happen as well, it's just harder for them to notice each other or what they really are. However, to be mated with a human who spends their time killing people like me and other supernatural creatures, even the most understanding Alpha would most likely have a problem with that."}


   I do think this book had a lot of vision, but it need more ingenuity. I feel like I was reading a book all over again. A certain series actually. I haven't got a chance to read the sequel to The Huntress yet, but I hope I won't be reading the same stuff over again. I am afraid that since the writer is so young that it might be a repeat of the Evernight series by Claudia Gray. The Evernight series is based on a vampire and hunter but the same concept.  
   I do think this book could use someone else to do a grammar check on it. It's always better to have someone else to check your work. Sometimes it is hard reading what you wrote and finding something wrong with it. I do it all the time honestly but I am always too uncomfortable for someone else to read my work. It's a work in progresses. Anyone who reads it is always welcome to criticize my grammar. I am a bit of a grammar Nazi myself. 
   I said that I liked the fact that the story had a few chapters in Jared's point of view, but in my opinion I think that it should be every other chapter not irregular. 
   {" With his words my mind immediately turned over to Electra and me in her kitchen. I hadn't actively switched my thought process, but his words had done it for me. I felt the fire burning through me as I touched her, the feel of her lips and her skin beneath my mouth. 
   My wolf was flaring up again just as it had that day and the pain came stronger this time as I felt everything breaking through the thin layer of control over my body.
   After a moment I felt a hand on my shoulder and my wolf immediately fell down, hiding as if it didn't even exist. And in that moment, I wished it didn't. I wished I were just a regular human who didn't have to worry about anything supernatural."}

I think that this book has great potential. I think that any book always can improve. This author is young and talented and I believe Lindsey can overcome all the obstacles that comes with being an author. Good luck to you, Lindsey. 

_Fantastic Fiction_

No comments:

Post a Comment